Apply for a Gloucester City Library Card
All Gloucester City residents are entitled to a free membership. Cards are issued for one year. To get a new card or renew a card, applicants must show a photo ID and proof of current address, such as a bank statement, utility bill, phone bill, etc.
- A parent or guardian must sign the application for children under the age of 18 years.
- Replacement cards cost $2.
- Non-residents may purchase a one-year card at $45.
The following non-residents are eligible for a free card
- People who own property and pay taxes to Gloucester City — must show photo ID and proof of paying taxes.
- Teachers of Gloucester City schools.– must show photo ID and pay stub or letter from the school. Card is good for the school year.
- Students attending Gloucester City schools — must show ID with their home address and proof of attendance at the school. Card is good for the school year.
Benefits of card membership
- Check out books, museum passes, Wi-Fi Hotspots, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks and video games.
- Download movies, audiobooks, e-books.
- Access to digital database that requires Gloucester City Library card number, such as Worldbook Online, Transparent Languages, Consumer Reports, etc.