Would you like to become more familiar with your cell phone, smart phone, tablets, computer, or the Internet ? Do you want to connect with friends and family through social media or video calls? Need a certification to show your Microsoft skills to employers? We can help you get more out of your technology, no matter what your current skill level is!
Are you hoping to further your education with a GED/HSE, college degree, or other certification ? Want to learn a new language or brush up on your skills in math, reading, or writing? Your library has many options for self-guided study and one-on-one support to help you achieve these goals.
We can also help you get a device or internet connection! You can use our computers, borrow a Wifi hotspot from the library, or visit the resources below to find out about free or reduced prices on phone and internet services. These services can cost as little as $10 per month for households that have a low income, receive government assistance, or have a K-12 or college student living in their home.
- Learn how to use your computer mouse with Mousercise.
- Improve your typing speed at TypingTest.com .
- Take an assessment to see where you can improve your computer skills at Northstar Digital Literacy .(*Only accessible at the Lab.)
- Study a new language with Transparent Languages. (Gloucester City Library Card required.)
- Learn about everything from basic math to graphic design to personal finance at GCF Learnfree .
- The Learning Express Career Accelerator can help you choose a career path and prepare your resume and cover letter.
- Indeed and ZipRecruiterare popular sites for online job postings.